Friday, January 27, 2006

How Did I End Up So Lucky?

This morning I was in a foul mood. I was half moping, half stopming around the house stating to my husband that we live in absolute squalor. Our house is a pigsty. I went on and on about how filthy our carpet is and how it must be vacuumed more than once a week and that I need help from my husband to keep the house tidy.

I left for work thinking Jon was leaving in the next few minutes as well. But no, my sweet lamb stayed behind and vacuumed the carpet.

Now, for those of you who have never been to my house, let me add that we don't really live in squalor; I just have unrealistic expectations on what a house should always look like: spotless with everything in its place. You do not run the risk of contracting some strange disease by stepping foot in my house. It's actually pretty clean.

Point being: with my No Wire Hanger! tendencies and dramatics, I don't know how I ended up with such an fabulous husband.

3 comments:

alicia said...

We should all be so lucky! I can attest to the fact that your house is always spotless. I have never seen the place even close to being messy.

Kasey said...

First of all, your house is always clean. Second of all, you are very lucky to have Jon. Both of you are lucky to have each other because you both love each other so much (since the first grade).

Kirsten said...

Correction: Third grade in Ms. Lattie's Reading Class.