Thursday, January 19, 2006

Count Your Blessings

I've taken to saying the word "Blessing" in a singsong voice when something good happens or I realize something I'm blessed by or with. Just like the song we sing in church, I'm counting my blessings. I hope that by focusing on positive things, in turn, I will be a more positive person. Here are some my blessings:

1) My job. Nowhere else in Savannah (that I know of) can I surround myself with grammar and punctuation as well as internet surfing and coworkers I like and still get paid for it.

2) Friends and Family of course. Slumber parties, restaurant outings, and long days at Teri's playing with the babies (who are 14 and almost 8) are wonderful.

3) Friends who are very kind when your husband backs into their car (that's a blessing that happened today).

4) Healthcare.

The list could go on forever, but these are a few of the things that make the top of my list today.

1 comments:

alicia said...

I could go on and on when I count my blessings. To do anything else would seem so ungratful. Life is good. One of my blessings is that when I park too close to one friends car and he has trouble backing out, he (or his wife)do not get mad at me and let me enjoy my restful slumber. Thanks friend!