It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I really don’t have much news, but I feel like a slacker every time I look at my blog and see the “Help!” post from last week. I thought I would just share a few things I’ve been thinking about lately.
1. My husband and I adore Queen Latifah. Isn’t she just fabulous? We just watched Last Holiday. It’s no cinematic masterpiece, but it’s cute and worth the rental fee. It’s also safe for kids to watch.
2. Angelina Jolie and Gwen Stefani’s babies met for a playdate this weekend. I love both Angie and Gwen and wish I could have been there. I’m sure we’d have had a blast.
3. I’m rereading To the Lighthouse for The Novel. I read it last summer in the Woolf class. It’s even better the second time around.
4. I’m getting bedroom furniture delivered next weekend. I’m so excited. I’ve never had a bedroom suite before. I’ll feel like such a grownup.
5. Jon leaves to go officially work for Petco on Tuesday. I’ll be a lonesome dove for the next few months until they open the Petco in Bluffton (he’ll be traveling around to different stores and helping out until then). However, I’m glad he left his former job since it made him miserable and irritable.
Please feel free to share any thoughts or news going on in your lives.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
News and Musings
Posted by Kirsten at 8:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would like to read To the Lighthouse again. I am also glad that Jon gets to start a job he likes, and I too love the Queen.
We went to the fireworks on Jekyll last night and had a blast. They had DJ's and dance contest and trivia - Reese won two rounds of mini-golf - and funnels cakes, mmmmm, funnel cakes.
I am glad you are getting new furniture - I always love to get new things!
My announcements:
1. I am excited for Jon.
2. I learned how to water ski yesterday.
3. I saw two dolphins yesterday.
4. I plan on spending the night with you while Jon travels. We will have our own Petco.
I don't think Kirsten mentioned enough about the Queen. She is one of the greatest treasures of our time and is worthy of more admiration. She is secretly my girlfriend.
I am very thankful to Kasey for planning on staying w/ Kirsten. It makes me feel better knowing that the crime fighting duo of Kasey and Buster will be there to protect. (I really am comforted). Buster may have all of the Cat Food he desires.
All hail the Queen!
Post a Comment