Monday, July 31, 2006

A Lot of Random Stuff

**This is a somewhat random and strange post.

After Jon left for NC yesterday, I decided to be productive and stop watching Dracula (such a sexy film) and mow the lawn. When mowing the lawn, I make a large circuit by starting in the front yard circling to the back and around to the front again. My weird neighbor, Arlo, was in his front yard staring. This is nothing strange as Arlo always stares and doesn’t even try to hide the fact that he’s staring. I waved, and he waved back. I came back to the front and he was still there staring. The next thing I knew, he was in his backyard staring at me again. This time I gave him a mean look and the next time I came around he was gone. Freak. He better watch out cause I will take the razor blade out from under my tongue and cut him. I am getting an alarm system this Saturday. This decision was not prompted by Arlo—as I’ve had the installation appointment set up for a week now—but his little staring contest makes me all the more happy that I’ll have some protection from all the people plotting to steal me while my husband is away.

Another thing that happened as I was cutting grass was the sighting of a southern black racer snake. I passed him a few times, but I was not afraid of him. He was at the back of my yard near the woods, so I was invading his territory. I must say, since watching Grizzly Man, I feel I am one with nature (not bears though). I was not afraid of the snake and did not wish it any ill will. (Perhaps it was because I was on a riding mower and I knew if it tried anything I would make mincemeat of it.)

Also, this week is Shark Week on the Discovery channel. Though I’m most interested in alligators, sharks run a close second. I can now tell all of you many interesting facts about the 10 deadliest sharks. If you ever have any shark related questions, please feel free to ask me.

4 comments:

alicia said...

I would like to meet this Arlo. I never saw him, but he has strange behavior and may in fact, one day be on the Discovery channel. Trey and I snuggled up on the couch last night and watched the show on the 10 deadliest skarks. This is Trey's favorite week. He is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to sharks and sea life. Hope too, but she is more of a galaxy babe.

Jonathan said...

I am sorry Arlo is a freak (He's a big freak.) You are getting so feisty as time goes on. I love to see your mean side come out. I know I should feel bad about that, but it is nice to see how you feel more comfortable expressing yourself.

I will shoot Arlo promptly upon my arrival home.

Jon

JJ said...

I enjoyed our quizz on sharks yesterday, especially since I got four out of five right. I eagerly await more shark trivia. I saw a special on the History Channel last night about sharks-- just the history behind how people came to understand them as sea creatures throughout the ages. Very illuminating.

JJ said...

FYI-- Kirsten told me to spell "quiz" with two z's. Either way, I didn't know how to spell it. :0)