Monday, October 02, 2006

Dead Cats Are Off Limits

Recently, Petco hosted a cat poetry contest for its employees. Jon entered one of my cat haikus. I'm not sure which one he entered, so I'll post them both.

Frisky Kitty

Bounding toward me
Batting your paw at my hand
Playtime never ends.

Pounce
Swatting at the toy
Leaping from couch to carpet
Pouncing on the mouse.

However, I've been robbed. Someone entered some stupid poem that rhymed. They also included a story about their dying cat and a picture. Ugh. If I knew we could enter sob stories along with our poems, I would have won. My cats' lives are one big sob story. Boo on people who go for the sympathy vote with dead cats. Some people obviously care more about dead cats than talent.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Only in our house could this be a topic of discussion. I love you, and am sorry for your illegitimate defeat.

JJ said...

I don't know, the amount of cat poop you both have to deal with constitutes a sob story if ever I saw one. And yes, I'm sorry for your loss. Buck up, little camper--there's always next year.

alicia said...

Although I find these two selections excellent, I think the real outrage should stem from your loss in the USA Today competition. When I think of haiku, I think of Bubble's