Thursday, September 28, 2006

What If You Had A Robot?

Jennifer J is teaching a Regent’s class at AASU. One of the questions last night that the students could pick to write on was “If you could have a robot that would do one chore around the house, what would that chore be?”

I knew immediately what that chore would be for me: cleaning out the litter box. My robot would be required to clean out the litter box every time one of the cats went to the bathroom, number 1 or 2. Preferably, the robot would be like a diaper genie and could just scoop the waste into its mouth and would only have to be empty itself once a week on garbage day (that way it wouldn’t waste plastic bags every time it cleaned out the box). However, because it’s like a diaper genie, it wouldn’t smell between being emptied.

I know this is an exciting topic. What chore would you have your robot do?

6 comments:

JJ said...

My robot would mop the floors for me. I don't know what it is, but I hate mopping. I'd rather scrub a toilet with a toothbrush than mop.

I do see the value in the Diaper Genie Robot, though. Kirsten, you should patent that idea. You'd be a millionaire.

Kasey said...

I would want it to hang up my clothes. I have no problem putting the dirty clothes in the washer, or transferring the wet clothes to the dryer, but when they are dry, they go on the floor. It is a disaster.

Jonathan said...

My first thought was that I would send it to work for me, so I can stay home.

I guess that isn't fair. I would let mine do the grocery shopping. I know I don't do it often because I am never home (that is what Kirsten would say), but that is what I like least.

Greg Wright said...

My robot would be an award-winning film editor. I'd give him rough footage and he'd make me a star.

If he saw that I didn't have the right b-roll footage, or that the sound guy screwed up the on-the-street interviews in San Francisco, he'd fly to the location like Inspector Gadget and get the footage himself--from the high-def digital video camera that comes standard in his chest. And I'd name him "Mark Ezra Stokes," so everytime I humbly give him credit, people would think I was amazing.

So, um... one thing: filmmaking.

Anonymous said...

I have to say laundry. I love to wash and dry clothes, but I hate to put them up. So, yeah, laundery.

I think a cat litter diaper genie would be a fabulous idea!

Christy said...

I HATE washing dishes. I would pay someone to come to my house just to wash the dishes, dry them, and put them away.