Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dirty Things

I really love to see dirty things. Not dirty-naughty things like porn but dirty-dirty things like actual dirt.

I love when Jon replaces the air filter in our house. He knows my love of dirt and though he thinks it strange, he shows me the filthy filter before throwing it away. The dirtier it is the more gleeful I am.

I also love that my new vacuum cleaner is bag less and has a clear area where the dirt is collected. My goal is to vacuum so frequently and keep my house so tidy that I will one day vacuum and there will be no dirt or cat hair present. However, seeing as how I haven’t vacuumed in a few days, that day is a long time coming.

Yesterday, one of our cats vomited on our comforter. Today Jon is taking it to the Laundromat (our washer is too small for a king size comforter) to wash in a big washer. It’s the kind that loads in the front and you can actually see your clothes washing and the dirt being lifted from your clothes. I envy Jon. He gets the pleasure of seeing our dirty comforter become clean, but even better, he gets the pleasure of seeing just how dirty it is. Ah, to sit and watch our blanket tumble around in filthy water until it’s rinsed clean. What a good time.

I know this sounds like we’re terribly dirty people, but I promise, we aren’t. I think I just like the satisfaction of knowing that something is clean. Actually, who am I kidding? I’m just fascinated by dirty things.

4 comments:

Greg Wright said...

Y'know, for a small fee, you can have the opportunity to make a lot of nasty dirt, grime and insect carcasses come off of my apartment carpet. It would be like the X-Games of the vacuuming world.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Kirsten, Mark's floor should be studied. It is hands-down the grossest carpet ever. It needs more than your vacuum could handle. It needs an exorcist.

JJ said...

I, too, am fascinated with filth. Remember that show on Lifetime called How Clean Is Your House? Oh, there are some nasty homes in America. I think these people must have some kind of psychological problem because I don't know how they could have lived in such squalor.

Here's an interesting, gross-out fact for you. When I was tested for allergies a while back, I read some literature at the doctor's office and one article said that an average person's pillow has, as part of its total weight, a pound of dead skin cells, dust mite carcasses, and dust mite droppings. Ewwww! I went out and bought all new pillows that day.

Kirsten said...

I love that show! I wish I could become part of Kim and Aggie's team. They're the coolest.