Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Truth Is Out There

Bigfoot, ghosts, and aliens. I believe in all three. When I was little, we had a series of books from Time Life about these interesting subjects. I would read and reread these books as well as watch Unsolved Mysteries even though it always scared the pants off me.

For a period of time, I was terrified of aliens. I was convinced they would come to get me and take me back to their ufo where the would stick me with all sorts of probes. I would not look out my window at night for fear that they would know where I was.

While floating on my raft in the pool in my backyard, I could not totally relax and close my eyes for fear that Bigfoot would emerge from the woods and get me. There used to be a tree in my front yard where I was sure Bigfoot hid to watch me. Thankfully, the tree was eventually cut down (not because of my supposition, it was a hazard since it was so close to the house).

I am convinced there is a ghost at the house in which I grew up in Ludowici. Many other family and friends have told me of their “ghost experiences” and I believe every word.

I thought when I was an adult these (deemed by some as silly) beliefs would disappear. Not a chance. I don’t really worry about aliens anymore as I’m so over them, but I still think about and watch or read anything available on Bigfoot and ghosts.

I realize I sound a bit crazy. However, I was wondering if anyone else was a bit crazy as well. Do you believe Bigfoot, ghosts, or aliens are real? (And if you have had a ghost experience, please do share with everyone.)

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Woods separated me from my closest childhood friend. He and I would play until it was almost dark. We would both be struck with fear when it came time to end our day. My mother had told us that a werewolf lived in the woods between our two houses. The trail between our homes was dark and winding. Barely enough light made it to our path, and it made everything visible seem evil. We were the good kind of friends that would never let the other take the path alone. We would guard each other back and forth until one of us would have the courage to do it alone. I am still alive to write this; my mother has been proven a bit insane, but I still feel lucky. I always felt like something was there. I could feel its evil claws just missing my neck. Later, we found a crack addict living out there in a shed. No point to the story. At that age crack addicts had yet to concern me, but werewolves had done real damage to actors my age.

alicia said...

I am a skeptic, but I am terrified of crazy, insane, homeless people.

Greg Wright said...

A black man once jumped out of the ceiling and tried to climb into my eyeballs. And he wouldn't stop staring at Georgette Volcey after Pappa Dan's soiled undershirt scared him out of our room. Ask Jonathan. He was there.