
Do we ever grow up and stop needing our parents to rescue us?
Yesterday, I had a lot of things to get done after work in preparation for company this weekend. Thankfully, my fabulous boss let me go an hour early as I was sure that one hour would make all the difference in getting everything done.
I went to the mall and got Kasey’s birthday present. (Kasey, I really think you’re going to like it!). Then I went home, ate my dinner, and cut my grass. When I was ready to blow off the driveway and sidewalks though, I couldn’t turn on the blower. I tried for ten minutes but no luck. Finally, I called my dad and asked what I was doing wrong. He instructed me how to turn on the blower and asked if I needed him to come over. Stupidly, I said no. I got off the phone and tried the blower a few more times. Still no luck. I gave up and went inside and cried. I started to clean my house since that needed to be done as well.
Just as I was about to start vacuuming, I saw my dad pull up on his motorcycle. I walked out to meet him and started crying. I’m such a wimpy baby sometimes. I was frustrated and felt overwhelmed with everything I wanted to get done that evening. Dad had trouble starting the blower too, but finally succeeded and blew off my walkways. He even changed my light bulb on my front porch.
I was so thankful my dad came and helped me. I had secretly hoped that he would come to my rescue even though I told him I didn’t need him to come over. He did not disappoint. I’m so glad parents are still parents even when you’re not a little kid anymore. It’s comforting knowing they’re there for you no matter what.
Friday, August 11, 2006
My Father the Hero
Posted by Kirsten at 9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awww . . . such a sweet story. He's like your knight in shining armor . . . riding in on his totally radical motorcycle. Love the flames!
Post a Comment