That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Appararently all the astronomers got together and decided that "Eight is Enough" and Pluto is no longer a planet. They also made stupid jokes with stuffed animals of Disney's Pluto and umbrellas (you got me there; I don't understand nerd humor).
Can you imagine what it will be like in 50 years? We'll be telling our grandchildren "I remember when we used to have nine planets..." They'll think we're such morons.
Two hundred years from now they'll laugh at our stupidity just like we laugh at the simple mindedness of the people who thought the world was flat.
JJ said there must be a lot of angry third graders in the world today because of this decision. Well, I can say it's not just the third graders.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Pluto Not A Planet?
Posted by Kirsten at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
And I thought renting purses was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard. I was wrong.
Oh yeah, if you want the whole story, it's on the front page of USA Today (usatoday.com).
Very sad indeed. However, I do think it is ok for scientists to say oops. I feel like I have lost something that was a foundation to my early school education, but I am glad that we are still making progression and discovery.
Maybe one day, they will find a poopasaurous. Then I will go back to third grade, and laugh at my teacher. "You don't know anything. There are only eight planets, and the mighty poopasaurous exists. Take that."
End dream sequence. Gonna be a good day.
Jon,
My brother wrote a story in the second grade about the screwasaurous (of course, that's the phonetic spelling). The drawing was fabulous-- a giant screw burrowing its way into the earth. Someday, he too will be vindicated.
Yall are all focusing on the wrong things - think of all the teachers trying to rearrange "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine . . . " WHAT? What will happen to this!!!???
Alicia, that's what I said! Now they'll have to come up with a whole new sentence to represent the planets!
Post a Comment