Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Lusty Month of May

Victory! I’m done with finals. I can finally breathe again. Being the nerd I am, I love school, but I always question my love of knowledge around finals. However, as soon as another semester rolls around I’m raring and ready to go again. Maybe if I had better time management things would be different. Thank goodness I can sneak in reading for class and writing research papers at my job. If not, nothing would ever get accomplished.

Like Alicia, I too have a reading list I’m excited about (it’s posted on her blog if you give a ham sandwich and want to see it). It’s mostly trash, but that’s the exciting part. Nothing too thought provoking until Dr. Winterhalter’s class starts in June (although I’m already very excited about it and may have to buy my school supplies early because of my excitement).

I’m also looking forward to getting some sun on my pale body (a special thanks to Power Tan located 2 miles from my house—and yes, I’m aware I will look like a leather sofa in 10 years) and starting an exercise routine. Stop laughing. I know I’m opposed to exercise, but I think I can handle 30 minutes 4 times a week. I’ve joined Curves. I’m aware of the cheese factor in this. I know this draws me closer to those puff paint kitten t-shirts I’m always threatening to wear, but I don’t care. I need to do something to get healthy and this sounded like the path of least resistance.

I’ll also be going to Orlando for a weekend in May with Jon, Kasey, and Melanie, so that’s exciting too. I just wanted to share my elation with being finished with finals and my plans for the respite of May. Please feel free to share your own.

1 comments:

alicia said...

I don't think joining Curves is cheesy at all. I am glad to be finished too! I went to the used bookstore today and found some fabulous treasures, check my blog tomorrow for the strangest book cover ever! I am sad though, no school means no Kirsten and Brandi, or Hollinger either. I am very sad!