Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Day of Jennifer J

Jennifer J. just made a stunning observation, and I wanted to pass it along to everyone since I got such a kick out of it.

"Why is Charlie Brown the only bald kid in school?"

JJ also told me the story about a screaming child at her cousin's birthday party the other weekend. She was sitting there and a mother walked by with a screaming child. The child was hysterical and was wailing as if it was being killed. Apparently, at the birthday party, there was a pinata. This particular pinata was Thomas the Tank Engine. The child in question, being an avid Thomas fan, was deeply distressed by the beating Thomas was taking and completely lost his marbles. Part of me knows that is sick, but another part of me thinks it's hilarious. As my father would say, I'm a sick puppy.

Go up, thou bald head!

2 comments:

alicia said...

Why, indeed? It is not only perplexing that he is the only bald child in school, but also that he is a bald CHILD period.

JJ said...

I know, as if childhood isn't hard enough. And Charlie Brown was always bummed about something anyway. I was Charlie Brown for Halloween one year-- my sister got to be Linus. Good grief!