Thursday, May 25, 2006

Why I Love Meat Loaf



I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

I remember the first time I was introduced to the wonder of Meat Loaf’s music. I was 13, in seventh grade, and I saw the “Anything For Love’ video at my cousin's house. Ever since then, I’ve loved Meat Loaf. Through my angst ridden, desperate to be loved years, Meat Loaf was there.

His singing is fabulous. He makes all lyrics sound beautiful and heartfelt. Somewhat cheesy yet profound lyrics (written by the equally awesome Jim Steinman) combined with Meat Loaf’s awesome voice make me love his music.

1 comments:

alicia said...

I am so happy you got to see Meatloaf on AI. I too, have been a fan (although not quite as intense as you) for many years. Anything for Love is my favorite Meatloaf song ever. I have similar feelings for Foreigner as you have for Meatloaf. Ah, those were the days. Their music really can push me back to my childhood.