Country singer Troy Gentry killed a captive bear named Cubby. He was going to be a liar and tell people he killed it in the wild, but he actually shot a tame bear in a three acre private enclosure. What a jerk.
I’m not opposed to hunting. All the men in my family hunt, but if they do actually kill an animal, they eat the meat.
What kind of idiot kills a tame, captive animal and tries to pass himself off as a hunter? That really ticks me off. You are not a big game hunter if you kill trapped, captive animals. You’re just a stupid wimp who isn’t a real hunter.
On another note, I recently read in People magazine where people who left their animals behind during Hurricane Katrina wanted them back. People left their pets behind, they were rescued by animal rescue agencies and adopted out to other families. Now these people have the gall to ask for their pets back. The adoptee families are saying no.
Pardon me, but weren’t you the one who left your animal behind in the first place? You obviously don’t care for it that much or you would have taken it with you to begin with. Don’t give me that crap that you couldn’t take the animal with you. Blah, blah. “Oh, we didn’t think anything would happen.” Whatever. You saw fit to remove yourself from the situation.
No matter what, I would find a way to take my pets with me if I left town because of a natural disaster. I wouldn’t leave them behind to drown. They’re a part of my family.
What are your thoughts on leaving pets behind? Do you think the old owners—who left their pets to die—should get their pets back?
Also, feel free to talk about the bear murderer.
Friday, December 01, 2006
Timothy Treadwell Wouldn't Be Happy
Posted by Kirsten at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You obviously didn't see the heart-jerking documentary on Comic Relief. Kasey can tell you about it. I thought it was okay as a documentary, but I only laughed like once or twice.
It's like they didn't even TRY to be funny when talking about soldiers shooting dogs in the head.
Seriously, though, Kasey will fill you in...
P.S. I am SO against killing tame animals. Even dogs in hurricanes. I know, I know, call me liberal...
I hate people who are irresponsible with their pets. Nobody could convince me to leave Buster behind. I think those people should be banned from ever adopting animals again, ESPECIALLY from the humane society.
About the retard killing a tame bear, I think that he should be hunted in a 3-acre plot. I know, I know, call me republican...
Hey Kirsten! I have to say I agree with you on everything: animal creulty is unacceptable, even in the mildest forms (especially when someone voluntarily undertakes the responsibility to care for their pets). No one who left their pets should have the right to reclaim them. I do have to chime in on the Katrina thing though. If the people left before the hurricane and left their pets, thats pretty horrible. But, I recently spent a week in New Orleans and what happened there is something that you could never imagine. It's exponentially worse that whatever you have seen or heard. I felt like I was in the Sunni triangle, even 14 moths later. The water rose and destroyed everything so fast, there was not much choice but to escape for your life, if you were lucky. If they left after the hurricane, out of necessity, it is a different story. I still don't think they should get the animals back, I just wanted to say that if you go there and see the destruction and hear the first-hand stories, it is a bit different.
What I was referring to in the Comic Relief doc was the strict, "No Pets" rule during the rescue mission.
One old lady wouldn't leave her dog, so a soldier pulled out his sidearm, shot the dog in the head and forced the old lady onto the helicopter.
Some group's trying to pass a law that would make it mandatory to allow pets on escape crafts during times of emergency.
From what I've heard, it looks like more of a bad beurocratic decision than heartless owners.
I saw the Comic Relief segment about the pet owners with Mark, but I think that they were still irresponsible because they had plenty of notice to make arrangements for themselves and their dogs. I know there are exceptions, but most of them were able to escape to safety and did not heed the warning.
I agree-- there are always exceptions and I think this situation needs to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Perhaps there were those who legitimately tried to take their animals but for whatever reason wasn't able to. But those who left the animals to fend for themselves when they could have easily taken them with them-- I don't have much sympathy for them. Those who had the means to evacuate on their own (not those who were left to the mercy of the city to get them out) knew the magnitude of this storm and that if they wanted to see their pets again, they'd need to take them along too or risk losing them to the storm or other people who rescue animals.
One late night host said, "Gentry is sticking to his story of the bear being a fair shot. Gentry states that no can deny the fear he felt when the bear came charging at him on his unicycle."
Seriously, how do you kill a bear named Cubby?
Kirsten, need I remind you what we felt like when Audrey escaped from the apartment? We would have been heart broken if someone had said we didn't deserve her back because she almost died being outside for so long. Just saying. (Kirsten only--Don't denigrate his service.)
Now, if someone purposely left the pet behind, I am the first in line to open a can of Grade A whoopin on their maggot filled hearts.
I haven't been following this story much, but what was he doing on a unicycle?
Never mind. Good one, Jon. :0)
Post a Comment