Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life Update

I feel like I should post something because I haven’t done so in a while, but I don’t really have a lot of news, so I’ll give everyone an update of what’s going on.

I finally graduated (along with Kasey and Alicia), so that’s a huge load off my mind. I feel as free as a bird and don’t know what to do with my spare time. I’ve tried writing a few poems, but they’re crap.

My fat cat is no longer fat. She’s lost 4 pounds and is down to a modest 12 pounds. The vet thinks nothing serious is wrong and has run some tests, but I think she has cancer and is dying. I tend to overreact when it comes to my animals though.

Jon is still with Petco, but he’s looking for something at home. They’ve pushed his store opening back to January 2008. He’s not interested in traveling for that much longer, so that’s why he’s looking for other options.

I’m staying at SCAD. I have no intentions of leaving (everyone has been asking me what I’m going to do now that I’ve graduated). I’m going to apply to teach part time (probably at AASU) and see if that’s something I’m interested in. It will also put a little extra dough in my pocket since student loan repayment is right around the corner.

All in all, things are well. I’m waiting to see what the new year brings. Hopefully it will bring my husband closer to home and will begin another facet of my career.

What’s new with everybody else (this especially means Brandi, Malinda, and Christy)?

5 comments:

Yellow said...

Keep a look out at my blog...I'll be updating just for you.

Christy said...

Me too. I have about 10 half written posts, which I am going to delete. I plan to update tomorrow. I promise.

alicia said...

Christy - I cannot find your blogs anymore - where is it?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I can't find Chrisy's blog either. Kirsten, I was so excited when I saw that you wanted to know how I was doing: I read you (and your husband, who is hilarious by the way) all the time, but rarely comment so I didn't know that you knew I read you. Anyways, I am at FSU, still in law school and starting to look for a job. I am specializing in environmental law--it's my calling--I don't know how I lucked into it, but I did and I love it. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and I only foresee better things in the future. Congrats on graduating and enjoy the free time. Thanks for thinking of me. Merry Christmas!

Jonathan said...

Malinda,

Your comment made my day. Thanks!

Jon