Thursday, March 09, 2006

Why Do People Have To Be So Rude?

Why are you gonna lay on your horn at me when I was following traffic regulations and you failed to yield? Why would you push past someone getting off the elevator so you could get on quicker? Don't you realize that person still has to get off before you can go anywhere? Why are you going to be snide to someone who is doing her job and helping you per your request?

Yes, this morning has sucked. Hopefully, my car won't be vandalized when I get off work and leave for class.

Everyone is in such a hurry today. We've let ourselves take on too much. We resent anyone who slows us down in our endeavor to race through life. I do it too: if someone is going below the speed limit they are automatically "idiots." What's the rush? Why are we speeding through life? It's not even that we're rushing through life so we can take as much in as possible before we die. We're rushing for nothing.

I've got to take time to enjoy life and not let other people's rushes and anger hurt my feelings. I know I'm too sensitive. I always have been.

Though this post isn't very coherent, it feels good to vent. I did receive a card and a friendly e-mail from someone I did a service for last week. I'm not asking to be thanked for my job, but it's super nice when someone does. I guess the day is looking up after all. I may go to Zunzi's for lunch (always a picker upper) since a coworker is trying to woo me away from my boring ham sandwich. Hopefully the day will continue to get better and my car will not be defaced come 5:00.

3 comments:

JJ said...

And woo her away I did. Kirsten and I had a lovely lunch from Zunnzi's. I highly recommend it.

Kasey said...

I am sorry you had a crappy day! I shouldn't have bothered you on the phone. You should have told me to go away.

Where is Zunnzi's and what do they serve?

Kirsten said...

My car wasn't defefaced.

Kasey, you didn't bother me. It's always lovely hearing from you.

Brandi, it makes me feel better to know that your legs burn too when you ride a bike. I used to ride my bike all day when I was young (probably why I wasn't overweight then), but now it really is a workout to ride half a mile.