In my old age, I find myself becoming less materialistic. Maybe that’s a bad way of looking at it. Actually, I think I prefer that in my old age, I find myself becoming content with my life. Becoming less materialistic sounds too shallow.
I’m no longer as obsessed with owning things. Instead of buying this purse or that cool, new cell phone, I look forward (with unnatural zeal) to paying off my bills and living debt free. The only problem is that I can’t pay things off fast enough. In time though.
Don’t get me wrong. I still buy stuff and still enjoy little gifts, but they’re becoming less important to me than they used to be. It’s a good feeling to stop needing to keep up with everything. Hopefully, I’ll get to the point where I could care less. I feel like I’m becoming an adult (though I still find farts funny and always will).
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Musings On My Life
Posted by Kirsten at 3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perfect. I love it!
You have every reason to be content with your life: You are a fabulous person, you have a great husband, house, car . . ., but for some people, that is never enough. I am glad that you are finding contentment early - trust me, you are not in your old age -many never do. I too find farts funny, unless they are my own, then they are mortifying.
Post a Comment