Sunday, July 20, 2008

Magical Sunday


I always think it's magical and special when I see deer in my yard. Today there were two of them grazing in my backyard. I was taking the picture on the other side of my door, so it's not the greatest quality, but I think you get the idea.
Jon says we can get some deer food and put it in the backyard around the tree line so more will come. We live in the city, so it's illegal to shoot a gun. Also, we don't live in a heavily populated honkey area, so I doubt anyone will consider them fair hunting game and shoot them. It's nice having them around. I think it gives our neighborhood something special.
Maybe I can catch one and make it my pet...

3 comments:

K A R I™ said...

That is really cool!

Maybe I should get one and raise it as an attack deer to protect our cars when we aren't at home!

Robin Lynne said...

Deer! I love deer. I've only seen 4 in my entire life, but they've always been at least 100+ feet away.

They always take my breath away 'cause I'm afraid I'll blow 'em away or something (I'm weird.)

Also- "honkey" made me laugh. Ahhha.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I think of bambi whenever I see a deer. Ohhh that would be so neat to have one right there in your yard. :) Thanks for sharing this!
*HUGS*