Monday, June 16, 2008

New Sofa


As much as I hated to spend the money on a new sofa, I had no choice. We couldn't get the pee out of our current one.

You think it would be fun to buy a new sofa. It's not. Today I spent my lunch break looking for one. Nothing. It didn't help that I was looking for something specific--my current sofa. Well, they don't make it anymore and the ones that were similiar were too shiny or had fancy cords hanging from the arms and the pillows. Not me.

I finally settled on this one from Badcock Furniture. I don't love it like I did my last one, but I think it's nice and suits Jon and my personalities. I guess this is where my stimulus check is going.

6 comments:

K A R I™ said...

That looks SUPER comfy

Anonymous said...

I can understand the feeling. I really hate when I have to change/replace something that was working for me. I LOVE to change/replace things that are not working for me. Shopping can be fun, but only if it is shopping that you WANT to do. Otherwise, it's a HUGE chore. I hope you grow to love the new sofa.
P.S. I found you through Robin Lynn, and if you want to know more about me, my blog is http://www.jewellerybyerin.com (don't worry, it's not a strictly business-related blog).

Kirsten said...

Erin, I know what you mean. If I didn't need a new sofa, then I'm sure I'd find many new ones that I loved. I think I just don't like being forced to buy something.

Vegan Bag Hag said...

Awwwww, Kirsten, that is crappy. Did you return the cat?

Kirsten said...

Sadly, yes we did return the cat today. I felt bad, especially now since it seems she will never find a home (she's declawed so she can't be an outside cat). I just couldn't live with the smell of cat urine in my house and couldn't see spending money on a new sofa only to have it peed on again.

Kasey said...

I think it looks nice. I hope you like it better when it is inside your house and surrounded by the rest of your stuff.