Friday, June 06, 2008

JCS Review


Amazing.

JCS last night was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. I memorized the words to all the songs long ago and have seen both film versions, but seeing it in person was incomparable to any other medium. Ted Neely (although twice Jesus’ age) was awesome. He can still wail. And if I do say so myself, his voice has aged to perfection. He sounds even better now than he did when he was younger. That man who played Judas (Cory Glover) was really good too as were the rest of the cast. The band was awesome, too. Hearing the guitar scream made me want to try to learn guitar again. (Sadly, my beautiful, black guitar has sat in my closet for the past 3 years all alone.)

Please, please, please go see it if you get the chance. Don’t believe the haters who say it’s blasphemous or sacrilegious; they don’t know what they’re talking about. Seriously. Even Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber says that was not the intent, and he created the thing, so who would know better? The purpose of the musical was to tell the story of Jesus set to music. What’s wrong with that?

1 comments:

Kasey said...

I am jealous. I was excited when I heard it was coming and I am really glad you loved it.