Saturday, May 31, 2008

Savannah Market Bazaar





Today I was at New Moon of Savannah's (http://www.newmoonofsavannah.com/) Savannah Market Bazaar. I've never shown my jewelry in a public setting before and I was so nervous. I kept trying to back out at the last minute, but Jon wouldn't let me. I'm glad I went through with it.
Due to the fact that it's been a while since I've had to be a "sales person," I was too quiet at first and Jon had to pick up the slack. Once I became more comfortrable, I became a bit more outgoing, but I think being a seller is going to take a bit more practice and getting back into the swing of things.
I didn't sell a ton of stuff, but I consider this a learning experience. Because my arms and chest are lobster red, I know to bring a tent and sunscreen next time!
I met a lot of nice people who also make jewelry/pottery/accessories. I've also learned of some possible wholesale ventures for my jewelry. Overall, I learned a lot and am grateful for the
expereince.

5 comments:

K A R I™ said...

Digging the new design and your red hair!!!

Your booth looked great! Yay for experience and for a few sales!!!

Yellow said...

I am so proud of you for getting out there and setting up! Everything looks so wonderful! Now I'm wondering why I haven't seen those large ball shaped beaded necklaces.....are they on your etsy? If not, I might require a private showing!

Robin Lynne said...

You and your jewelry table were fabulous!

It was a learning experience indeed.. I'm glad I thought about sunscreen. phew. (I had a baaaad sunburn once and learned from that mistake.) I'll carry a big bottle with me next time and go around and make sure people without tents put some on! Haha.

I'm replying to your comment on my blog now :D

And PS
Your blog is so pretty!

Kirsten said...

Brandi, I confess; I've let my etsy page go. I'll add some new stuff in the next few days. However, let me know what you want to see and I can bring it to our next lunch date.

Kasey said...

Everything looks so pretty! I am glad you had a positive experience. I was hoping that you could network while you were there.