You know the thing on myspace where you can update what you’re doing and how you feel? Well, one of my friends said “need more sleepy.” A 27-year-old woman actually said “need more sleepy.”
Why do grown people feel the need to talk like babies? It instantly made me think of Anna Nicole (RIP) and the baby voice she used constantly on her wacktastic reality show. “Want taters. Don’t like.” Why would any grown person speak in incomplete sentences in a baby voice? Some people are high, but that’s another story.
I talk like a lunatic to my dogs, but I just can’t bring myself to speak that way to a coworker or someone else my age.
Try it and see. Say aloud in a baby voice to someone near you, “need more sleepy.” See if you don’t feel like a gigantic, creepy loser. Or do you feel cute and sexy?
2 comments:
I hate baby talk too! I don't think I even really talked real baby talk to my own kid when he was a baby.
However, I can tell when I've spent way too much time at home with my toddler and not enough time with adults when I hear myself say "I'm going potty" to someone other than Lucas.
Post a Comment