Bring on the canvas sandals and puff paint kitten shirts. I’ve begun my descent into middle-age frump.
This past Christmas season, I purchased a pair of sensible shoes. They’re not much to look at, but they don’t hurt my bunions.
However, I now face a bit of a dilemma. These shoes are not ones a person would wear in the summer. So do I suffer through another summer of uncomfortable shoes? Or do I suck it up and get some sensible summer shoes?
Monday I heard myself utter a phrase I never thought I’d hear myself say: “I need to get a pair of flats.” It helps that flats are “in” right now, and, mind you, I’m not talking about the 1980s pointy toe flats that came in every color of the rainbow. I was looking more for a slipperesque type shoe. Something plain and simple that would (hopefully) go unnoticed.
It’s all about comfort for me now. I don’t want my bunions to get any worse since I am avoiding surgery. (Recovery takes 4-6 weeks and for the first few weeks you can’t get your foot wet; I’m not going around with a stank foot.)
I hope I’m not a nerd, but I kind of don’t care all that much, which is another reason I know I’ve begun my descent into hideous comfort Hell
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
I'm Slipping
Posted by Kirsten at 2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're not a nerd. Well, not because of those shoes, anyway. :0) Welcome to my world. You have bunions, I have flat feet. Flats are your best friend. And yes, they are cool now, but they are also classic and will never completely go out of style. Just keep everything else about you stylish and you won't have to worry if your shoes are not too flashy. Hey, there are some sassy flats out there. Just don't start shopping at the SAS outlet. Talk about frump.
Post a Comment