Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wasting Time

Brandi’s topic for the day could not have been more perfect. Wasting time. This is a daily event for me. I have so many productive things I could be doing at work, home, and school. I have plenty of free time. So why don’t I get anything done until the last minute?

Our midterm for The Novel was due today, but Dr. W pushed the due date back to Friday at noon. Am I being a dutiful student and finishing ahead of schedule as was originally planned? Of course not. I could easily finish the paper today since I have the majority of it done anyway, but I’m wasting time and thinking, I’ll finish tomorrow and drop it off after work tomorrow evening. (This is not to mention that I’m at work and should only be doing work related things; once again, wasting time.)

When I go home, I could be productive. I could clean, organize, or do homework, but alas, I sit and eat in front of the tv. I think about how I want to be productive in all aspects of my life and not waste anymore time; however, I guess I’m not that motivated after all since I do nothing to remedy the situation.

0 comments: