I let myself get stressed out too much. I’m stressed about this week. We’re conducting a lot of staff training this week: 14 two hour and 1 one hour workshops to be exact. I’m prepared for it. Copies are made, workshops have been created, and I’m mentally ready.
However, school starts this week as well. MW from 6:00- 9:10 I will be sitting in Dr. Winterhalter’s class with what I assume will be a bunch of dull eyed, fluff brained juniors. I don’t know of anyone who is taking the class, but 19 or the 20 seats have been filled. I’m not as excited about classes starting as usual, which I know is a direct result of having no good friends taking the class with me. Who will I make fun of the other students with during and after class?
I will leave work at 5 today and drive to class. An hour is plenty of time to get to class early. I’d be leaving work at 5 even if I didn’t have class. This seems like a no or low stress situation.
So why do I feel so stressed out? Why do I feel like this week, coupled with a busy work schedule and the first week of class, is going to be hectic? I let myself get too worked up. I realize I bring it on myself, but I don’t have a clue how to stop it.
Monday, June 05, 2006
Stress (Per Brandi's Fab Idea)
Posted by Kirsten at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't think of being stressed as a character flaw, but instead, think of it as having a desire to handle the events in your life with a sense of urgency and perfection. I hate people who are never stressed, and live each day being lethargic and unconcerned. Just don't let it take over.
We're reading Moll Flanders, Pride and Prejudice, Silas Marner, A Tale of Two Cities, To the Lighthouse, and Frankenstein.
I have to read Moll by class tomorrow, which explains the headache I've had behind my right eye since I woke up this morning.
Unfortunately, I do let stress take over. Maybe I need Paxil.
I am sorry that you are a lonely dove in your class! I am nervous about my internship too. I will also be taking my first (and last) class with Winterhalter in the fall and I am already stressed. However, you and I both know that your sheer panic motivates you to make really good grades, and my exhaustion and apathy makes me a big fat underachiever. You will be glad that you cared so much!
Silas Marner is a favorite of mine too! I wrote a paper on it in my Novel class, and Dr. W called it a "truly lovely paper." A Tale of Two Cities! Yeah! I liked Frankenstein as a story, but it did not move me like the others You are reading. Pride and Prejudice irked me and I kind of hated Moll. Oh am I jealous!
Post a Comment