Monday, November 21, 2005

A Thanksgiving Theme

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is eating. Not just eating anything but eating dressing. If I could fill my plate with only one food, it would be that. Of course I love getting together with my family and laughing and playing with my lamb nephews, but for me, dressing is what I look forward to the most.

What is your favorite thing(s) about Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Kasey said...

I love the semi-comotose feeling you get after you have eaten Thanksgiving lunch. Every year at around 3pm, everyone has to take a nap to sleep off the fullness from eating everything in sight.

My favorite food is mom's baked beans with brown sugar and bacon baked on top. Mmmm...good.

alicia said...

I have to say that I love to eat on T-day. I have been in training for the past couple of weeks and I now feel I am ready for Thursday. My favorites are sweet potato souffle, broccoli casserole and dressing, yummm. However,the part about thanksgiving that I look forward to the most is spending Wednesday at my mom's helping her cook. The kids run in and out and comment on how good everything smells.In my imperfect family, it is a day where home feels most like home. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I know each of you and can count you as my friends.

Kirsten said...

Mel, sorry, but the thought of grilled fish and vegetables on Thanksgiving makes me really sad for you. I would be really bummed if I had to eat disgusting fish (for all seafood is gross) on turkey day.

Alicia, I, like you, have been in training for Thanksgiving day for quite some time now. I do believe I'm ready.