Friday, November 04, 2005

Beware the Sexy Shoe


I should have known. After my public outcry against sensible shoes, I was humbled while shopping in Target. While wearing my sexy boots, my foot cramped for a full 10 minutes. My shopping companion, Jennifer, had to pull one of the Target shoe section benches over for me to sit on. For the next 10+ minutes, I sat on the bench holding my foot and rocking back and forth in pain. Eventually, I put on a pair of fuzzy black slippers (pictured above), but I was too afraid that Target employees would think I was stealing, so I left the elastic string attached as I hobbled around the store. I now know what the prisoners with shackles on their feet feel like.

Today my shoes are very boring and sensible. The heel is very low and very wide. My feet are not cramped into some strange chinese torture position; however, even after this life lesson, I still refuse to wear sensible shoes (though I do realize that I must plan ahead and bring sensible shoes if I will actually be walking more than a block a day).

Ladies, beware. Don't forget to plan ahead when it comes to sexy versus sensible shoes.

3 comments:

Kasey said...

That picture is hilarious. I know how you feel, I have been at work and had my feet bleed because of my shoes. It makes you hate them, but you can't live without sexy shoes.

alicia said...

It will take a while for you youngsters to learn that footwear is not as important as the health of your foot.
Love,
Grandma and the Podatrist

Kasey said...

I love that my grandma and my future podiatrist wrote me a note.

Seriously, Alicia thanks for making me laugh out loud. You are too funny.