Sensible shoes are for boring people. Today I am wearing my new “winter boots.” Though they are amazingly awesome, and I dare say sexy, they are incredibly painful to walk in. I walked three blocks to Saigon for lunch today (some of you are surprised that I’m branching out and not only eating chicken fingers, I know) and thought I was going to die.
Painful shoes are a daily occurrence for me. All of my shoes have at least a 2.5 heel on them. At 5’2 I’m a bit on the short side. Finding the right pant length is not possible, so I have to wear heels so my pants don’t drag the ground. I know I could very easily have my pants hemmed, buy some sensible shoes, and have happy feet, but let’s face it: sensible shoes are for old or ugly people. I am not old, and though I don’t consider myself beautiful, I don’t feel as if I can be compared to Quasimodo. However, I dream of the day I become a senior citizen; I know I will then join the masses of female oldsters who wear those hideous elastic/cloth sandals that have absolutely no heel whatsoever. (I also dream of that day because then I will be able to wear a pair of cotton pants with a matching cotton t-shirtish top, but I digress.)
Though it is not impossible to find a pair of sensible yet trendy shoes, it is extremely difficult and occurs for the common woman only a few times during her life. I am constantly searching for the perfect (meaning comfy and cute/hot/etc.) pair of shoes. I’m certain that I will one day find a pair of perfect shoes, but until then, I will suffer for my sassy shoes.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Fun Shoes
Posted by Kirsten at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have no desire for aching dogs. I try to find something that is not too ugly, but will not hurt my feet. Thankfully, I have never bought cloth shoes and hope I never do, even when I am an oldster. When I was younger, there was a girl in my class that wore heels when she was 12 and wobbled all over the place. We called her "weeble-wobble" for the rest of the school year. I have a great fear of non-square heels.
I agree with Kirsten. I long for the day that I don't have to be uncomfortable for the sake of sexiness. A day that I can break out the matching polyester outfit and match shirts with my husband of over thirty years. I refuse to be a sexy grandma.
Post a Comment