Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vote or Die


JJ and I were debating who the better dancer was in her hayday: Britney or Madonna?


9 comments:

JJ said...

Eew. Did you have to put that picture up?

alicia said...

I agree with JJ. I have to turn my head when I see a clip of that kiss. Both are great dancers, but Brittney turns my stomach . . . well, so does Madonna for that matter.

Kirsten said...

Please put aside your feelings of either woman and think only of their dancing skills.

Kirsten said...

My vote is for Brit. She might not be the greatest singer or actress, but girl can dance.

JJ said...

Yeah, but she lacks any true aesthetic-- Madonna has dancing skills that go beyond merely repeating the dance steps. And Britney simply annoys me. I guess it comes down to personal taste. Just like with the Blondie/Stevie Nicks debate-- both are awesome, but you have to go with your favorite.

Why are we even debating this? It seems silly in hindsight. In fact, the better dancer is Janet Jackson or even Paula Abdul (even considering the cartoon cat), so that ends the controversy.

Kirsten said...

JJ, this is my blog, and I can have whatever contest I want. In fact, because I am the judge, I can make the final ruling.

Kasey said...

This argument makes me laugh. I like Britney. Madonna disgusts me. Even though Britney seems to be copying someone else's dance moves (even though ALL performers have choreographers), Madonna copies everything. She copied her accent, her African adopted kid is copying Angelina, her Kabbalah religion is copied, etc. At least Britney was enough of a leader to determine Kabbalah was a joke.

Jonathan said...

I vote for the future which will be the result of romance between Madonna and Brit coming to light. After years of "outness" and "happyness", they will decide that neither is getting younger. In fact Brit will say that she is not the "youngest crayon in the box."

The actual "bidness", or "seed" will be a contribution from Michael Jackson. It was going to be Justin Timberlake, but he is now married to the Cruise Chitlin (which looks like the childlike empress). Anywho, their three powers combined (nature and nurture) creates a super dancer unlike what the world has seen before.

Kasey said...

Wow, May 24th.

I think it is time for a new post.