Friday, March 30, 2007

Update


I know I haven't posted in a while, but then again, neither have any of you. Booyah.
Just a quick update.
Jon's interviewing with Staples. We really hope he gets this job since this would bring him home. I'm sick of living apart. I know plenty of people do it all the time, but it's not for me.
Evie has low grade lymphoma. That's a nicer way of saying she has cancer. We're treating her with a chemo pill that she gets once every two weeks. We're going to try it for two months and see if she responds.
I've applied to teach at a college that is most known for its online program. (I'm not naming names, but you probably know which one I'm refering to. If not, e-mail me and I'll tell you.) I'm a bit apprehensive and embarrassed because I know it's a joke school and the degrees that come from there are not looked upon favorably, but it's close to home and it's only one night a week for two months. The classes are supposed to be really small, too. I have as "assessment" on Monday evening where I have to give a 10 minute presentation on a topic I would teach in the classroom. I have to steer clear of the traditional lecture and make it interactive for the students. We'll see how that goes.
That's pretty much all that's new with me. I know nobody else wants to post a blog, but leave me a comment to let me know all of you are still alive.

5 comments:

alicia said...

I am alive! I love the pic! I am sorry to hear about Evie. Please let me know what is going with you girl. I will be praying for the Staples job to come through. You are not leaving SCAD are you? I may have some time to post this week and get everyone up to date on what is going on in the world of McIntrash.

Kirsten said...

No, I'm not leaving SCAD. I'm just getting a part-time job to pay off my credit card and student loans.

Christy said...

Thanks for your e-mail the other day Kirsten! I hope the side job works out. I'm so sorry about Evie. As soon as we acquire a vehicle, we will certainly take you up on your offer! Hang in there!

Kirsten said...

FYI: I did get hired for the part-time job, so did my dad! We have to go through a 16 hour training class for four Friday nights in a row from 6-10. We'll have homework assignments and stuff, so that should be fun. (I know. I'm a nerd.) I don't know when I'll be teaching my first class, but I imagine it will be soon after completing the training.

Jonathan said...

I have already said it in person, but congratulations to the newest, hottest, part-time teacher!