When passing construction workers, I always walk with my head down, hoping they will leave me alone. However, this never seems to work. Perhaps it is my appearance of lack of self-confidence that makes me easy prey.
This morning I stopped at the gas station to pick up a beverage and a muffin. Seeing a truck full of three construction workers, I sighed, got out of my car, and started my walk past them. A large honkey, geezer said “Hey sweetheart. How are you this morning?”
“Hi. Good, thanks.”
When I came out of the store, they were still there. As I passed their truck to get into my car, the same geez told me to “Have a good day, sweetheart.” I looked him in the eye and said “you do the same.”
I’ve decided not to look down as I pass construction workers anymore. I will speak first while looking them in the eyes. Maybe this will curtail their stupid comments.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Don't Call Me Sweetheart Anymore
Posted by Kirsten at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you. I hate knowing someone has "gotten" to me. It's a control thing I guess.
Good for you. I hate old perverts.
Post a Comment