Turns out my horse, who was such a sweetie the first day at the barn, is mean. He tried to buck two people off and kick them in the head as well as started pinning his ears back and snaking his head when approached. Needless to say, he's going back to the farm he came from.
However, my friend who owns the stables the bad horse is currently being kept at is letting me ride another horse (Dixie--a very nice mare who's well peopled) until we find another one that will be more suitable for such an inexperienced rider as myself.
Friday, March 06, 2009
Well, That Didn't Work Out At All
Posted by Kirsten at 10:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Boo... glad you are still getting to ride though. Here is hoping you find your perfect horse soon!
As a former horse owner, I can tell you that the best horse for an inexperienced rider is a gelding. mares are often pre-menstrual and stallions are hot to trot. I am sorry that this horse did not work out, but I am sure you will find your perfect match. I had a beautiful horse named Tony and a mean mare named Dolly and there is not a day that goes by that I do no want to get another one . . . Maybe I could go riding with you one day . . .
Post a Comment