When Jon’s first Petco store was nearing its open, he told me they had a position for a professional kitten petter. Not realizing that he was kidding, I thought my eyes would pop out of my face with gleeful surprise. I would have taken minimum wage and whatever else might come with the job as long as I got to pet kittens all day.
Although Jon has left Petco, he wants to continue working with a particular rescue group (maranathafarm.org).
They need volunteers to come and play with the dogs and give them one on one attention for socialization purposes. While that sounds logical and business-like, my only thoughts were “I get to go pet dogs all day and it’s considered work? Hot diggity dang!”
I realize the danger of doing this: I will probably be getting another dog(s) soon.
If anyone’s interested in volunteering (Maranatha Farm is located in
1 comments:
Kitten petter would = best job ever! That dog socializin' thing sounds pretty cool too, though.
Hoorah!
Post a Comment