Saturday, September 15, 2007

Like a Tiger




We had to put Audrey down Thursday. She had stopped eating and was wasting away.
She was Audrey until the end. Jon took her outside on Wednesday and she went straight into the woods. She always loved the woods and to go anywhere she wasn't supposed to. That night she was as naughty as ever: she snuck food from my bowl of ice cream when I had put it on the table beside the couch.
I think she looks like a tiger in these pictures. She always reminded me of a tiger. I told Kasey that and she said something that gave me peace: "That's a nice way to end a life. Like a tiger."

1 comments:

alicia said...

Friend, this brought tears to my eyes. I was so sad for you and Jon. I am thinking about you - I know how much Audrey meant to you. It was a beautiful gesture to take her into the woods to be the playful tiger she has always been.